|FAQ | Directions | Contact Us | Site Map|
1. What is the minimum amount that I can add to my meal plan at a time?
>> $20.00 by Debit, Visa, Master Card, cash or cheque.
2. Where can I go to add money to my meal plan account?
>> The Campus Meal Plan office in the UCC, or online at www.has.uwo.ca/hospitality/mealplan/online_topup.htm.
3. If I top up my meal plan online, will I be able to use it right away?
>> Yes, additions made online are instantaneous. Your meal plan will be updated as soon as you receive your confirmation.
4. How much do I save if I use my meal plan?
>> The saving you receive depends on the plan you choose. Anyone using an off campus meal plan at any of the Campus Eateries will save a minimum of 5%, and may save up to 18%.
5. What happens at the end of the year if I have money left on my meal plan?
>> Flex dollars do not expire and will transfer over from year to year. If you have a Tax Exempt Plan, please check your terms and conditions form.
6. Can I get cash back from my meal plan?
>> No, but you can apply for a refund in April. Refunds are subject to a $30 administrative fee and will be issued in the form of a cheque. The refund process takes approximately two weeks.
7. How do I get a meal plan? And does it cost anything?
>> Just bring your Western 1 ID card to the Campus Meal Plan office in the UCC to start a meal plan, and there is no cost. You can choose the amount you wish to add ($20 minimum) based on your own personal eating habits.
8. What happens to my meal plan if I lose my Western ONECard?
>> If you lose your card, immediately notify Hospitality Service (either at the Meal Plan office or a cashier in any of our locations) and report it as "Lost". Once your card has a lost card status, it cannot be used by anyone. Should you find your card or have it replaced, come by the Meal Plan office to have your meal plan dollars re-activated.
9. Why do cashiers have to swipe my meal card more than once?
>> Because we offer a variety of plans with different discounts, the cashier may need to swipe your card a second time if it does not go through the first. If it needs to be swiped more than twice, the magnetic stripe may getting worn and you should visit the Meal Plan office or the Student Central Office in Western Student Services Building to have it re-encoded.
10. What hours is the Meal Plan office in the UCC open?
>> From September to April, we are open from 10 am - 4 pm, Monday to Friday. Our summer hours are:
11. Why don't the cafeterias accept Debit or credit cards?
>> With the need to enter PINs and sign receipts, payment by Debit or Credit would take longer to process at the cash register, which would slow down service and increase the amount of time you wait in line. The Meal Plan is a much faster and convenient way to pay and it can be added to by either Debit or credit card through the Meal Plan office.
[ Hospitality Services Page ] -
[ Housing & Hospitality Services Page ]
[ Feedback | Web Support ] - [ World Wide Web Disclaimer ]
© Copyright 1996 - Western University
Last Modified on April 12, 2012 12:48 PM, by [DR]